Thursday, February 21, 2013

Can I Wear Makeup After Lasik Eye Surgery? LASIK Makeup Tips


Can I Wear Makeup After Lasik Eye Surgery?

The toughest thing about getting LASIK was not being able to wear eye makeup for a week and minimal makeup after that. I know. I know. Totally vain thing to think about, but let’s face it, it’s very difficult! I mean, we can’t be expected to woo our acquaintances if we make children cry with our hideous appearances. Okay, I’m being totally dramatic.
I had a lot of trouble finding post-LASIK makeup tips. So here are some basic suggestions to help you get through this difficult time in your life. 
Day 1 to 3: This is the time to hide out in your room. You cannot wear any makeup whatsoever. Not even foundation. Accidents happen. Your eyes are still prone to infection and you do not want to risk getting any makeup in your eyes. This is the worst of times and your life will be miserable. 
Day 4 to Day 7: Bring out the Sunglasses! You can wear foundation/concealer starting on Day 4. Focus on making your skin look flawless. Be sure to be extremely careful with application, your eyes are still very sensitive at this point. You cannot wear any eye makeup yet. Bring out your other features using blush or lipstick. Throw on a pair of huge sunglasses and no one will know you’re hideous. 
Now I know you’re going to ask, “Jackie, I work. How am I supposed to be at work indoors with sunglasses?” The answer is simple: just do it. Let your coworkers know why you're wearing them, at this time your new eyes might still sensitive to light.You might get some questionable glances but, who cares? 

Here are two pictures to give you an idea of the makeup looks you can pull off  

Balmain RTW Spring 2013 and Michael Kors RTW Spring 2013
Photos from Style.com


Day 8 to Week 4: Okay, so, you have managed to make it through the ugly week and can now wear minimal eye makeup. You must wear light makeup that can be removed easily. Anything waterproof is out of the question. It requires too much rubbing to remove. You don’t want a dislocated cornea. That is not fun. Now, some of you don’t need waterproof makeup. And I hate you all. My eye lashes do not stay curled with regular mascara. They just go back to being straight after applying mascara. Totally unproductive. Ugh, my life is miserable. So if you are like me this is what you need to do.
Step 1: Curl eyelashes in three places (Tip, Middle, Near lash line). Lightly curl the tip and middle. When you curl near your lash line be extra careful not to disturb your eye. Again, dislocated corneas are no fun. Curl near your lash line for about 10 seconds.
Step 2: CAREFULLY apply mascara to your lashes. Be sure to coat all your lashes.
Step 3: Add a second coat of mascara to make lashes appear fuller.
Step 4: Let lashes slightly dry. Once they are tacky press them up with your fingers to help it curl back up. DO NOT USE AN EYELASH CURLER for this part. Never curl your lashes with mascara on them, it will rip out your lashes no matter how careful you are. Keep doing this until your lashes are fully dry.
Highlight your brow bone using a light shimmer color. Keep eye shadow to a minimum. Do not use eyeliner. It is too close to your waterline and can cause infection. 
To remove your makeup, use something extremely gentle. Again, avoid rubbing your eye as much as possible. This is a general rule even after recover. Rubbing causes wrinkles and premature aging.  

Here a couple pictures to give you makeup ideas:

Gucci Fall RTW 2012 and Derek Lam Fall RTW 2012
Sytle.com



After Week 4: Congratulations! You no longer have to be ugly. Resume wearing makeup as usual. Continue being as gentle as you can when removing any eye makeup. 

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. Yours is the only one I found with great detail. I have been so paranoid about what makeup to wear after getting LASIK because I was scared I would mess up my eyes. The doctor just told me I could wear makeup after a few days. It's tough because I'm so used to wearing full makeup everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What isca good brand and can eye makeup remover be used

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm +2 weeks in recovery. I have hereditary dark circles. The challenge has been how to not look tired and finding a concealer that will not irritate my eyes. I'm still stuck on that one, yelp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article this is regarding and this is really informative. I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks Laser Eye Surgery San Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, not wearing makeup for a week would be tough being a girl! Keeping in mind that you're beautiful without makeup really helped me for my first week after lasik surgery. It's another good point that you brought up about how your eyes can get infected if you don't take proper care of them. I'm really impressed with all of the ideas to keep your eyes healthy after lasik surgery!
    Celine | http://www.mylasikmd.com/ilasik-lasik

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister is going to have lasik surgery done. I remember that she was worried about wearing her eyeliner afterward. I don't know if she is still going to have it done or not. I will have to check in with her.
    Jayden Eden | http://www.dellvision.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The main purpose of the lasik eye surgery in India is to generate clearer and sharper vision. The treatment is best to get when you are facing the issues of nearsightedness, farsightedness or even astigmatism.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog and informative content. If you are planning for Lasik eye surgery in Punjab then just visit Rana Eye Care hospital. For more information you can check our website

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.
    Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have beaten yourself this time, and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts in future. Thank you for sharing great information to us. 5productreviews is the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. Michigan Eye Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here: yaldoeyecenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. eye institute of northwest ohio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. Yaldo Eye Center Grand Rapids, MI

    ReplyDelete